Sunday, March 1, 2009

He's so shy

Today the kids were over and Garrett was hungry so of course I like to feed him, Shan hands me his bottle and says.... "he'll hold his hands over his eyes, don't pull them down". She knows I like to see him when I feed him his bottle and I fight to hold the bottle and keep his hands down below his bottle. Well this is how he drinks his bottle.... the whole time, you can't see nothing while your feeding him. He started this about a week ago. You would think his eyes would be closed but nope they are wide open just under his hands and then he hooks his fingers around each other to cover up the middle. As I'm halfway through feeding him I ask Shan how I'm suppose to know how much he drank so I can burp him. She says "I feed him the whole thing because I can't see either." It's a good thing he's not a spit-er-upper. I'm thinking he's going to be a closet eater, he'll never make it as a competitive eater like we seen on the Food Channel last night. This girl, very small girl I might add, ate 119 shrimp in 5 minutes while the other two guys, larger guys, ate 22 and 19. She looked kinda gaggy by the time they stopped the clock, I was afraid they were gonna have shrimp pieces everywhere. We are Food Network-a-holics especially with Guy, and now he's got a new show!!

Here's the birthday boy, 4 months today. Don't look at him, he's eating.

3 comments:

The Rau's said...

He's awake under there? That's funny and oh so cute. I need to get my Garrett/Ellyn fix one of these days

Natalie said...

So sweet!

Anonymous said...

that is so funnny- but very cute!!

L