Saturday, March 7, 2009

Springtime Walk

Today I went for a walk since we're having spring like weather, I'm a fair weather walker, the stars have to be lined up perfectly for me to walk without being able to wear shorts and a t-shirt so this is a special occasion. First my i-pod's battery was dead (from not being used in so long) so I charge it because taking a walk without music isn't going to happen. Then I start walking and I smell "country-aire", sure enough the neighbor is spreading shit in the field, I thought about turning around and running back to the house but I put my sleeve over my nose and walk really, really fast past the dump site. Then since my music is so loud I don't realize a truck is pulling up behind me so I scream loudly startling the other neighbor who's window is open and she's right next to me and is just stopping to say hi. The wind is cold, my hair is in my face....what am I doing out here but then I begin to look for something to pass the time. I noticed how the snow melts and makes it's own temporary rivers. The sun glistens on the running water and the snow underneath is acting as a rapids for the fast moving water. I suddenly forget I'm miserable but I am over a mile away from the house and all I can think of is, why didn't I bring my camera? After I get home I talk John into taking me back so I could get a few pictures.

Now the weather men are calling for more snow and cold, gotta love March weather in Wisconsin. Here's one of my distractions making my springtime walk enjoyable.

1 comment:

jules said...

Awesome photo. I am the same with walking, but it is not quite perfect out there yet. I think it has to go up about 20 more degrees.