Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Read to me

We have tons of pictures of everyone reading to El, she wanted to be read to all the time. Her favorite book has always been "Are you my Mother?" I used to read this book to her every night when she went to bed. This last week it was Doctor Seuss Week at school and she had to bring her favorite Doctor Seuss Book to school, of course she came to get her book from her bedroom shelf. When she got home she read the book to Garrett, she is so proud that she can read this book all by herself. Reading in Kindergarten, what's next??

Here is the SOOC, it's a pretty good picture just like this but of course it's the one I chose to play with. My two favorite subjects look cute no matter how bad the photographer is. :)
Here is the same photo cropped, brightened colors, darkened edges, blurred edges, added a texture, erased texture from their faces, added a frame and stamped. I am a texture nut, I think every photo looks better with texture behind it but it's probably just a fad. You only notice the texture in the walls behind them but look at the difference it makes.

3 comments:

Photos by Julee said...

That is so funny. Aubree is a book nut too and that is one of her favorite books for me to read to her. She "reads" it to too but only because I have read it so many times she knows it by heart. Don't you love Dr. Seuss.

The Rau's said...

Isn't it amazing that they learn to read so early? I love that Garrett is looking at the book like he is following along.

Anonymous said...

that is so cute...the look on Garretts face, he really is listening to his big sister Ms. El read to him.. priceless!!

L