Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Work at home is happening

John is laid off this week and things are starting to happen with his projects. I wanted to make him a honey-do list but he refused and assured me he had his own list to worry about. He did gets lots of stuff done both for me and him so I didn't have to put him on my (you know what) list!! He got my window... no, let's call it a look through..... no that's not right, how about a bar? How about we call it.... a porthole.... no, it's like a skylight opening in the wall, letting light into the dining room from the leaded glass front door, it's an opening so I can see my red wall and green chair, it's an opening I got because I couldn't take the entire wall down.
Some stupid man thing about that's a support wall and if I remove the wall the upstairs will fall in.... yeah right, I think it was just a story to get them out of more work! All my ideas can't be done because of some man story and construction or electrical wires or plumbing..... they should let women decorate without all those little details. But since I'm so accommodating I went with just the opening in the wall, John sure is lucky to have such an understanding wife...... So let's call it ....... are you ready????? My breakfast nook, the door is facing the east so the sun should be shining through the door every morning. Now where was I??? He got my breakfast nook opening all framed up but now my plan was to paint it black but he sprung it on me tonight that I should just stain it since he likes the wood look. I thought about Patti's blog and her wood vs. paint decision so here is mine. (by the way Patti, John says he loves the wood and your crazy if you paint them). Go take a look it's the Bruggink Blog on the right.
Stain the breakfast nook opening, you'll have to imagine it stained a little darker than the natural wood.
Or paint it black (thanks to a quick photoshop you have a visual) Ignore the yellow ladder back there, it's become a permanent home for them lately.

5 comments:

The Rau's said...

oooohhh I like it black. sorry john.

Lynn said...

I can't decide. The natural looks almost white to me... which I like. But the black makes it stick out and stand out! Hmm... this is a tough call. I can't make a decision.

Anonymous said...

I too like the black...

L

Patti said...

I like the black too. I like the colors in a home vs the stained wood. Call me crazy but I think it just looks more comfy.
(Did I spell that right?) Oh well..

Thanks for the input on the cabinets. I am going to go with the painting, sorry John.

Natalie said...

Well I'm going to be the oddball and say I like it better natural. I think it stands out more like that. Looks great either way though!!