Friday, March 20, 2009

Vacation day = Paint

I have too much vacation time accrued so I have to take off at least 2 vacation days a month or I lose my time. I know your all saying "oh you poor thing" thank you I feel your love right through this monitor :)

Well if the weather is not nice I usually find something to paint or go shopping, John cringes to what he'll come home to. Well it was either shop for a new TV and cabinet or paint the one we had and since we have to buy a new TV I thought I'd try to paint it. What would it hurt, well when I started the cabinet is all laminate, really shiny laminate so I used "No Sand", waiting the 15 minutes and started to paint..... after one coat I walked to the house hanging my head that I'd have to tell John he was right.... "not everything can be painted". After the first coat dried I added the second coat, then Sugarland starting singing "...it happens" and it happened, the cabinet looked great. Rachael Ray even thinks it looks good, she had to stop digging in her fridge to tell me how great it looks.

1 comment:

The Rau's said...

see, now you have to paint your window/breakfast nook black too! gosh i wish i liked to paint half as much as you do.