Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Apple Pickin'

Fall is the time for apple pickin'. Mom and Dad had lots of apple trees planted when we were little and finally after all those years they started to produce more than one or two apples. There was one tree that needed to wait until after the first hard frost before you picked them. I remember all of us kids picked them and ate them all before mom had any to bake with. I'm sure those trees now are producing more apples than that family who moved into our home can eat. The family has lots of kids and people tell me all the time how funny it is to see the school bus stop at the house while all those kids pile out just like when we lived there. I live on the other side of the tracks now and do not have to drive by our home where we grew up, thank goodness because I'm not sure that I could get used to seeing it change.

We picked apples on Monday night from a tree that reminded me of the tree we couldn't pick before a frost. I didn't need or want many apples but I couldn't stop now I have to do something with them. Besides take pictures!!

No comments: