Saturday, January 3, 2009

Why did I have to say that?

So yesterday I said I make a better patient than nurse..... now why did I say that because today I'm the patient but John is not better. Except there is one difference between the two of us, I don't have the flu. So let's go back to this morning about 1:50am, yeap that's when I woke up and realized that Adam was not home. He is never late for curfew so I called his phone, no answer. Here's my message "Hey buddy it's your mother and she's worried about you, where are you? Call home so I know your okay". Now I lay there worrying but since he's a good kid the phone woke him up and about 10 minutes later he's home apologizing for being late and having us worry, along with the movie they were watching and what happened and how the sledding hill was fun, it's really cold outside, I froze my fingers, the movie was really good you should rent it, I'm really sorry I was late, everyone else fell asleep too...... remember he's a yacker when he gets home..... okay, okay Adam it's 2am go to bed. Now I try to go back to sleep and my belly is rumbling and making strange noises.... oh no I think not the flu. Just like that I had to go to the bathroom.... I make a dash for the hallway and down the steps like I have done many, many times before in my life. Except this time I slip on about the 2nd step, both feet and legs fly up above my head and down on my butt I land.... bounce up on my feet again and slip the same way and land again on my butt just a couple steps lower. Thank goodness I just put the handrail back up yesterday or I wouldn't of had anything to grab for. I don't know how I did it but I caught myself on about the 3rd bounce and stumbled down the remaining 3 or 4 steps on my feet, all the while screaming owie, owie, owie, owie.... Remember what it is that I got up for so my mad dash didn't stop just because of a little fall. John comes downstairs in a hurry chasing me asking if I'm okay.... how the hell do I know I can't think about that right now. I hurt so bad I can hardly move, sit or stand so I go back to bed to try to go to sleep, it's not working I am in pain so I go get a ice pack and line my pj's, just what I want a frozen badonkadonk. I still am in pain so I go for some ibuprofen... John is now on the couch and nagging at me to eat something with them (I do that to him all the time, payback). Now Adam is yelling down the steps.... do you guys know it's really early in the morning? Mom.... what Adam.... did you fall down the steps?.... go back to bed Adam. Finally the frozen butt and the pills took over to allow me to sleep for a few hours. Now it's morning and I can't move, I must have cracked my tailbone because it's almost like a pass out pain for me. I am okay as long as I stand or lay down, it's kinda like a steady aching but if I sit down HOLY MOLY. I have rug burns on my legs and hands trying to catch myself in mid bounce. I didn't ever get the flu but John still has it today so with him laying on the couch all day and me pacing the floors we make a great old couple. Damn 40's!!

I can't possibly stand all night long so I tried to sit on the chair and just about passed out and it's even a cushioned chair. So I made a donut out of a blanket and I'm sitting on that along with pain pills I'll make it through this..... I can't even laugh or god forbid sneeze.....Seriously I hit my butt so hard I cracked it..... LOL really..... wanna see?

Hee hee hee. Gottcha' I bet I have fallen down these steps 3 times already.... not as bad as this time though. One time I was 9 months pregnant with Shannon and I bounced down every step on my butt waiting at the bottom for my water to break... nope not for another 3 weeks. I don't think anyone else has ever fallen down them, so I photoshopped my own Uppercase Living words for my steps. You can see my brand new paint job, this is the yellowy color that goes down the steps and continues on the beams between the dining and living rooms. I guess I won't be finishing up my painting jobs anytime soon now. It takes a long time for a tailbone to heal... I did this same thing one year on the ice at church.

2 comments:

The Rau's said...

oh connie, my tailbone hurts thinking about yours. i hope you feel better soon.....

Lynn said...

Oh those steps are nasty! I fell down them!!

I could bring Jesse over with his broken finger and you and him could hang out and trade stories about your broken bones! ; )

I hope you feel better real soon!