Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ouch! Excuse me while I pass out

I would pass out but my legs hurt too bad that I can't.  Seriously I've been going to the gym for 7 weeks and by now my leg muscles shouldn't hurt so bad, but they do.  I have to stop doing the squats, step, knees, or whatever else she shouts out that we do over and over again.  I grab my legs, make a stupid face that I see in the mirror while I try not to pass out and then I think about Friday morning and the 1 milliontrillionzillion squats we will have to do..... I'll save the passing out for then. 

So after class I ask Jenn why my legs hurt so bad and when that will go away? Being the nice person that she is standing there all sweaty asking me lots of questions about my hurting legs she politely beats around the bush until I finally get it and I say "I'm weak, my legs are weak". Are you kidding me? Somehow our conversation goes into what I eat..... well that may be the problem. Jenn says I need to eat fruit and vegetables, who has ever heard about that? Like eat them everyday??? Like apples, oranges, broccoli, and carrots..... who eats this stuff? And...... yes there is more.... I should eat lean meat, more than just meat on pizza and add whole grains. I know I eat wrong (I didn't think it was that wrong) but this morning Jenn somehow made me believe that I need to change some of my everyday eating habits. I seriously eat the same thing all the time. Last week when I went out for lunch the waiter said "ohhhh Connie going out on a limb today" when I order a Chicken Taco Salad, it wasn't my usual Chicken Ranch Wrap.



Tonight for supper I had turkey, broccoli & cauliflower and then this for dessert.



along with about 7 others.  We'll give this eating lifestyle a try but the day I pass out during squats someone please prop me up and feed me a Special K Bar because I am probably going through withdrawals, I've eaten 1 every morning for breakfast for the last 3 years.  : )

1 comment:

Patti said...

Keep it up girl, you are doing great!! I talked to Jen too but it was about my knees. I told her that I had decided that Zumba was just not for me. Now I am trying to get motivated to do my exercising at home.