Sunday, May 30, 2010

My peeps on a Jeep ride

We went for a Jeep ride today, it was a fabulous day so we decided to call the troops and head out for some fun.  I have my Photography Club Meeting this Tuesday and I have not done any of my homework so my mission was to accomplish some of it.  I had to use my imagination with one of my words and this is really stretching it but it's fun.  The word I needed to photograph is "Peeps" {the words were created at Easter time}. 
So these are my Jeep Peeps and since I had to take the picture I used a stand in that looks just like me..... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.  Stop laughing I am going to gym every morning I might just look like that...... I know I have blonde hair and I don't own a black swimsuit otherwise it's a perfect match!!



From left to right {Elaine, Gayle, Me :), and DiAnn}

So we get to a place in Phillips and I take my camera out for a walk while the others quench their thirst.  I got stopped by a guy driving by that says "you should have been here yesterday there was a doe and her fawn drinking out of the river".... hummmm yeah I wasn't but thanks for the tip.  I almost get run over since I was standing in the middle of a curvy road.... thank goodness John yelled at me.  I got the crap scared out of my when I walked by a duck house and the sucker flew out almost taking off my head.  Okay I'm done I think I'll go drink with the rest of them.

The next stop we are sitting at the bar and I get up and Elaine says {insert very calm voice here }  "oh Connie stop" and she picks something off my back, "you have a woodtick"  {insert screaming girly panicked voice here}  "OMG a woodtick, on me.... check my legs, check my hair, check under my shirt.... up my shorts..... please someone check me for ticks".  That thing crawled on me for the last 30 miles...... yuck.   The next stop I have a bee on the floor of the Jeep..... "Elaine come get this out" and she did.   

Another fun story for you..... a guy at one of the bars is playing the juke box and I'm sitting right there, he asks "what are you guys doing"... I answer "we're on a Jeep ride", he says "what".... I scream a little louder "we're on a Jeep ride"..... he gets this puzzled look on his face and says "I don't know that song".  What he really said is "What do you guys want to hear".  So then he hangs around and talks to us for awhile and says to me "how old are you"..... me "you seriously can't ask me that"  and he says  "you are obviously in your early 30's"....... me "yep you're right I'm obviously in my early 30's"...... "or my daughter is almost in her early 30's".   See I told you I look just like the photo.  hee hee hee........   Fun times, we already planned our next ride.

3 comments:

Patti said...

sounds like fun and you are correct, that really does look like you in the picture. Except for the hair color maybe, must be some new lighting you were testing with your camera right??

Lynn said...

Hey now! You can't be telling people that your daughter is almost in her early 30s!!!

Love the stories and it looks like you had an awesome time!

Photos by Julee said...

Looks like you had fun....