Friday, May 28, 2010

Long Weekend


Long weekends are great.  About two weeks ago we looked at a camper and really thought about buying it so we could go camping.  Spend the weekend at the lake, doing nothing but relaxing all weekend...... we were this close.... and then reality finally hit me.  I love my house, my gardens, my firepit, my bathroom, and my bed to much to spend weekends away from them.  We decided to pass on the camper, we weren't sure that was the correct decision but it's the one we made for now.  

So Friday I'm driving home from work for a 3 day weekend and I think..... now I could be rushing home to pack up and go camping for 3 days or I could be rushing home to spend 3 days working around the house, which would I rather be doing?  Work around the house won hands down!!  

Now I know we made the right decision, I'm not sure I could relax for 3 days, lawn chairs and me don't get along very well .... right now camping is not for me, unless I can do it in my backyard.  This photo shows what I need to do..... my flower beds are out of control, what would they do without me?

1 comment:

Photos by Julee said...

Out of control or not....your garden is beautiful. I agree with you totally on the camper. We used to go when the kids were little but, I know I love my home way too much to be gone all the time. BTW.....we were gone a week and a half and the weeds took over my gardens. It is going to take me a month to get back to where I was before I left. You don't realize how much you do each day when you spend a little time out there. When you are gone for a few days, the weeds come in and take over!