Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What happened?

What happened to the TV, I can't believe they went digital without a warning. No TV broadcast, no banners going across the tv to warn us on a daily, hourly, minutely basis, no news stories, no warning what-so-ever just one day we no longer have access to local channels because of this thing called digital. I really don't know what we're gonna do.... we have no idea what options we have... When were they gonna tell us??



Just kidding. What cracks me up now is them telling us we have to do a re-scan to get access to the channels but if you don't have the converter box or digital tv how are you going to see the broadcasts to know that!! Last night as I wasn't sleeping, it was 2AM and Adam leaves his tv on all night but now his converter box shuts off after 4 hours of non-use so he has the static screen and sound until he wakes up to hear it... I heard it for about 30 minutes but didn't go turn it off since it gave me something else to think about and I hoped it would bore me to sleep, nope didn't work I heard Adam shut it off.
If you made it this far in my boring post I have a work update for you. I get to keep my job. It's a very happy day along with a very sad day. We lost a lot of good people today, the plant was in tears for about 9 hours as they worked through the groups of people telling them what their options were, saying good bye to lots of friends and congratulating others. I hope the sleepless nights I have been having and this exhausting day will help me sleep through the night, if I could only shut my brain off, all I can do is think about everyone that is effected.

3 comments:

Photos by Julee said...

Connie - glad to hear you still have your job but certainly understand the bittersweet feeling you are feeling. It's so difficult to see your friends go through such a difficult time. My prayers are still with you and all of your friends and co-workers at Plastics.

The Rau's said...

I'm glad you still have your job.

The Rau's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.