Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Back to our....

regularly scheduled program, I'm the type of person who see the glass as half full, but lately I've been challenged with some steep mountains and low valleys that have put me in a slump... but not anymore I am back and I'll get this blog back to what it used to be. I used to hear from people that read my blog and they would say things like "I love starting my day with your blog", "you make me smile", "your blog makes me giggle out loud", "you really have an interesting life". I'm back and I'm ready to make you smile and giggle out loud, I don't care if your sitting at your desk, curled up on the couch with your blanket, checking in for a 2 second break or just curious to see what I'm up to.... I am gonna make you tinkle a little... okay I don't remember where that came from it just slipped out.... or do I???? Patty and Julie didn't that come from playing spoons (Back when we were really, really little) when we laughed so hard someone ran to the bathroom and yelled... "I think I tinkled a little"?
Has anyone noticed how noisy the birds have been, they are really flying around and tweeting very loudly. Yesterday John and I noticed a little bird commotion so we both watched as these 2 birds tossed each other back and forth. When they flew away John says "I think spring is here, they were twitter-patting" I said "they were fighting". Of course John wanted to go reenact the situation but I held my own.... I'd hate to see a fight for no reason ;) I didn't take a picture of the two birds doing whatever they were doing but here he is standing tall with his chest puffed out feeling really good about himself smoking a cigarette, while she flew down into the milkcan hiding herself from anyone who may have seen that.
Spring is here, just stop and listen to the birds.

6 comments:

Photos by Julee said...

I am glad to hear you are "back". You have a great attitude. It's fun to read things that happen in your life and know that I am not the only nut on the tree. And by the way, I have also noticed the birds lately and have been thinking the same thing - Spring is here (or at least coming).

jules said...

LOL!! I was totally thinking the same thing as I was reading your tinkle story. And yes, it was spoons we were playing. How do you play spoons anyway? I am not sure of the exact line, maybe Patti remembers it. Glad to hear things are better. Can't wait to read about your crazy life.

Patti said...

Okay, when I was reading this entry I was thinking the same thing as Julie, "How do you play spoons anyway?" I can't remember, sorry Julie. But I do remember the tinkle!! Isn't that crazy?? I am so glad you are back, but I think you never left you were just hangin in there.
Luv ya lots!!

Patti said...

Hello again, Julie and I were just discussing the whole spoons thing and I remembered it was not tinkle, it was "I think I just trickled a little!"

Anonymous said...

Connie--
I hope you never quit this for two reasons...one I love the pics and two I find out so much past and present about you and your family. I love the memories thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Hi :) I found your blog via another blog so I hope you dont mind me visiting. I LOVE the picture you took of the bird. Been looking through all your photos :) Photography is a passion of mine and I hope to one day own a nice fancy camera.
Have a great day!