Thursday, February 19, 2009

Learning books

I like to look at magazines and read camera and Photoshop books. I make myself a little collection of inspiration pictures as I find them. The other day I was at the chiropractor.... hummm did I tell you that I was going there for my tailbone??? ....the story behind that is worth telling you. I got to the point where I couldn't sit, stand, bend, walk without being in lots of pain. I was taking Vicatin when I wasn't at work just to get through the nights and weekends so I decided I better get this tailbone thing checked out. So I go to the chiropractor who happens to be a very nice guy that John graduated with. I was his first patient many years ago when I had migraines. He was so nervous having me be his first patient and then having to yank around on my neck as I tried to not throw up from the pain.... sorry I'll get back to 2009.... So he does xrays and finds my disks in my lower back are smashed and the roundedest bone in my tailbone is pushed backwards, it's not broken but not in the right spot either. When I fell down the steps I pushed that bone backwards and all the other bones crushed together.
So he asked why I was there, what pain did I want fixed. I told him I could live with the tailbone pain but the back pain was beginning to interrupt my daily life. He said he was hoping I would say that because to fix the tailbone he would have to grab onto the lowest bone and pull forward until that bone could pop back into place..... hummmmm as I look at his huge hands and sweat beads start forming on my forehead, my feet start figiting back and forth, I start to stutter as I say..... I I I I I th th th think I caaaaaan live wwwwwithoooooout that. He says good, I didn't want to have to do that either. Ohhhhh my..... the other cracking of my hips and back better work or he's gonna have to put me under to fix it.
Anyway I was in the waiting room and came across a picture I had to have, I thought about coughing as I tore the page out but the girls were right there.... so I did the right thing and asked if I could have a copy.
If only I could make some time to read the second book to the Twilight Series. I had the first book on CD so that was great listening to that in my truck. I don't think I better read this one while driving... I may have to break down and buy it on i-tunes or I'll never get it read (listened) to and it's sooooo good. Let me know if you've read or listen to them, if not let me know and I'll add you to the list of people to get the CD's.

No comments: