Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pinky Pink

It's almost the end of February and I haven't done my monthly color picture yet. Tonight I walked around my house trying to find something pink, pink is not my color so I had no luck. I tried Elly's room, she wears pink all the time, Todd at daycare used to call her Ms Pink but nothing in her room was pink. I started to walk downstairs thinking I would have to find an old photo and then for some reason I decided to look for pink in Adam's room. What was I thinking.... of course I could find pink in Adam's room, as soon as I entered the room these little guys waved their arms and said "it's about time you think of us".
Meet Mr. Old Pinkie & Mr. New Pinkie

Here's the story of Adam and his Pinky's. When he was little we were remolding the house and John bought Pink Panther Insulation and got a free stuffed Pink Panther that he gave to Adam. Adam loved that Pinkie, he took it everywhere, he couldn't sleep without Pinkie, he stood by the washer and dryer until Pinkie was done taking a bath. Adam was in the hospital when he was just over a year old and he had to be put into a tent, no blankets, no toys, no clothes.... nothing except a pillow, during that time he found comfort in wrapping his finger around the tag of the pillow and sucking his thumb... he was so sick and that's all he had for 3 days. Well Pinkie had a tag too... along with lots of other items like your shirts (when you held Adam he started in the front of your shirt and traced the neckline to your tag and then snuggled in sucking his thumb rubbing your shirt tag between his fingers), dish towels, stuffed animals, new clothes in the store as I found him many times sitting in the center of the round clothes racks switching from tag to tag. Anyway Adam's Pinkie was worn out until one Christmas when he was much, much older Auntie Gayle gave Adam a new Pinkie since they got a free one with their insulation. Now these Pinky's both old and new sit in Adam's room watching him sleep. No thumb sucking anymore but the tag of his pillow still wraps around his fingers.

2 comments:

jules said...

Aren't kids precious. In some ways you wish they could stay small forever, but love to watch them grow into big people too.

The Rau's said...

Oh my gosh, Pinky, I just was looking at pictures the other day and I have a picture of Adam, Josh, Shannon and Pinky making tents in my living room. I do believe that Adam did let Josh sleep with Pinky ONE time.