Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Good bye dear neighbor

Today we said good bye to our wonderful neighbor, "M", he has been battling cancer since about January 2nd. That's not been a lot of time for him or his family to prepare for his last journey. "M" has been the one to plow the fields around our house, plant us into 3 sides of very tall corn, spread cow $hit while my clothes were hanging on the line, laugh at my need to buy his land so I can have more flower beds, not get mad when we built half our garage on his land, wave and smile every time he drives by in his tractor..... During the last few days and during the funeral as the Pastor talked about some of the things "M" and his family have gone through brought back so many memories of my family sitting in them same seats hearing the same words. It's been 16 years ago and at that moment it felt like yesterday, I cried for myself missing my mom and then I cried even more for "M's" family. We are very close to all of them, they have been apart of our lives for over 25 years, I don't like seeing others in pain and I know how much pain they are going through and will continue to go through. I pulled myself together and then "RW" sang The Lord's Prayer, I wish I could have that embedded in my ears to hear every day. "RW" did a fabulous job, as always, but today it reached inside me and surrounded my heart, RW's voice carried through that church and nearly shook the pews, tears started all over again.
Goodbye Dear Neighbor, you'll be missed by all of us. Here is a picture of his pride and joy.

Since it's Photoshop Tuesday here it is SOOC, taken from my diningroom window about 5:30. Isn't it great that it's so light at 5:30 yet.

2 comments:

Photos by Julee said...

Connie - My prayers are with your family and theirs. I think of your mom often and what a wonderful, smiling person she was. We were all blessed to have known her. Take care and God Bless you both.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful pic! It was awesome to see how many wonderful neighbors, friends, & family he has! We miss him dearly.