Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy "Heart" Day

This morning John and I drove to the meat store for a couple of big ole' steaks to prepare for our Valentine's day supper. I am not a meat person so looking at all those slabs of meat behind glass kinda grosses me out, especially steak, I am a chicken breast girl and an occasional pork chop but hardly ever, mostly never eat steak. But since it's Valentines day I can eat steak but first I pick out two stuffed chicken breast, then we moved down to the pork.... hummm let's get a couple of pork chops just in case and then the steaks.... we stand there and John drools while I gag. He asks, what kind of steak do you want? I think Ribeye, I've seen that mentioned on a menu or two. Maybe T-bone, I think that sounds fun or how about New York Strip, I loved New York City so I'm sure I'll like the steak. We decided on the Ribeye, now she asks if we want to pick them out.... what? Are you kidding me, aren't they all the same? Now I go back to my Food Network information and can't remember if there is suppose to be marbling or no marbling... All this fuss over meat, I just don't get it. Well we got our steaks and put them in the marinade so they can get happy (as Rachel Ray always says).
All the kids were here for the afternoon and we just sat around and enjoyed their company. Shan and the kids stayed for supper so along with my garlic mashed potatoes, side salad, cauliflower and broccoli we had to put on the pork chops so we were sure we all had enough to eat, darn!! I did eat 2 or 3 bites of the steak which was okay but those pork chops were out of this world.

Happy Valentines day, may your day be filled with happiness

No comments: