Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

I am thankful this Thanksgiving Eve for my love of photography. It has taught me to look at things in a whole different way. I see things different than last year and totally different than how I seen them 9 years ago when I got my first SLR film camera. I notice the sunrises and sunsets, the way the dew glistens on the grass, the catch lights in someones eyes as I talk to them, the brilliant colors of nature, the fast changes in children, the frozen droplets during our first frost, the reflections in water on a clear day..... the list goes on and on. So tonight is no different, I'm painting my.... what I'm gonna call.... "my new foyer" and it's about 4:30ish and it hit me out of the corner of my eye. The sun was shining through the patio door and hitting my dried hydrangeas. The contrast from the front of the flower to the sides was unbelievable and the glow was breathtaking. I took a break from painting to snap a few pictures. This Thanksgiving slow down and notice the amazing sites we have around us everyday.
Happy Thanksgiving

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen- and right back at you my friend.

L