Saturday, November 1, 2008

November 1, 2008

The birth day of our grandson Garrett.
I guess when Shan says she wants a November baby she gets one. She called this morning at 6:30am and asked for me to meet her and Kyle at the hospital to pick up Elly, she is having contractions.... I was very calm, got dressed, brushed my teeth and drove the speed limit (even on Gibson) and we met in the parking lot at the exact same time. As soon as Shan got out of the car I knew this was it, that baby dropped almost to her knees from yesterday. Shan was very calm and wasn't sure if this was the real thing. We check her into a room and then Elly and I came home to wait and wait and wait..... It was Emmerich Soup Off Day so we had lots to do. We got an update about 8:30 that this was the real thing and there would be a baby soon.... we got another update at 2:41 that the doctor was called (Shannon's doctor was out of town) and it shouldn't be too much longer. Good thing we are with lots of family so Elly isn't climbing the walls too much. We finally get our call at 6:11 that Elly has a baby brother and everyone is doing well. He is 8lbs. 8ozs, 20 1/2 inches long.
Tia is out of town visiting her Oregon friends, she called last night to make sure we weren't having a baby while she was gone and I assured her that Shan was doing fine and she would be back home before that baby was born..... well Shan called her tonight with the news and I'm sure she's jumping out of her skin to get back here. Sorry Jesse it's gonna be a long ride home, I can almost guarantee she will talk until your ears bleed. In case she's checking the blog from there, I hope this picture ties her over for awhile.

Congratulations Shannon he is perfect

Thank you Shawna for being Shannon's coach once again. You are Shannon's earth-angel.....we love you!

7 comments:

jules said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Lynn said...

Yup, I'm checking!!! He is so cute!!! I went to bed last night thinking... oh I wonder if his picture is on here and woke up and had to check!! Can't wait to see him in person!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Connie- he is just perfect- Congratulations!!! Tell Shan she did a good job.

L

The Rau's said...

Garrett is so stinking cute...and so content! Being there yesterday ALMOST made me want to have another baby.... ALMOST!!! I'll have plenty of babies to cuddle/spoil this next year.

Deb said...

He is perfect! I know Elly really wanted a brother.

Kelly said...

I went to meet little Garrett yesterday and I can honestly say he is the cutest new born I have ever laid eyes on. Shannon was so perky and beautiful for just having a baby a few hours prior to my visit, and as far as Ellyn goes well lets just say Garrett wont have fat cheeks because she will kiss them away...he received a hundred kisses while I was there alone, one lucky little brother. Both mom and dad were grinning ear to ear and so proud of their new little bundle..... I am so lucky he will be a part of my day care family real soon.

Natalie said...

Congratulations on the birth of your grandson! He is so cute!! Oh my goodness I hope you continue to show us lots of pictures of him :) Your family keeps growing and growing ;)