Thursday, November 13, 2008

He's Wally, Really he is!!

I know that I have mentioned this before but sometimes it so clear that our son Adam is a miniature of my brother Wally. He has the same type of humor, disposition and looks. So tonight I went out for a couple drinks after work so there's no POTD but I do have a story to share and it involves Adam so I'll post a couple of his senior pictures that I've been working on to make into wallets. Those of you that know Wally will have to agree with me, he is a miniature WallyGator.



So with Adam working everyday after school and having a girlfriend we don't get to see him very often, he comes home every night right at curfew and then decides he wants to chat with us. We are usually in bed and chatty teenagers when John is trying to sleep has always drove him crazy. They all come home after your already in bed and then they want to chat about everything, they don't want anything to do with you all day long but when your ready to sleep their ready to chat. So Wednesday night Adam comes home and we're watching the CMA's in bed, he comes upstairs and this is what happens.....

Adam - Mom I'm home

Mom - Okay

Dad - Really?

Mom - Adam did you take your acne pill?

Adam - Yes

Mom - When?

Adam - Yesterday

Mom - Get downstairs and take that pill you have to take them everyday, you can't just pick and choose the days your going to take them

Adam - I don't have anything to drink with it

Mom - Adam..... go take it

Adam - URRRRRR (stomp down the steps)

Adam comes back upstairs and goes to his room..... turns on his light and then we hear him go back downstairs and turns on the hall light..... we wait..... this is what we hear. pisst, pisst, pisst.... quiet..... pisst, pisst, pisst.... quiet.... pisst, pisst, pisst.....

John - What the heck is he doing?

Connie - I don't know, ask him

John - Adam, what are you doing?

Adam - Nothing!!

John - Why do you have the light on?

Adam - I'm cleaning

John - What?, what the ____ are you cleaning?

Adam - Oh mom's steps are dirty

Mom - Why???

John - (gets out of bed to see what is happening) OH no... mom don't look......Adam is that grease or mud???

Adam - I'm not sure..... It's not that bad

Mom - (slowly gets out of bed to peek) OMG Adam what the heck, why didn't you take your shoes off, you always take your shoes off, what are you using on the carpet, OMG how many spots are there, OMG they come all the way up the stairs and back down again..... OMG

Adam - (pisst, pisst, pisst... shake the bottle cause it's empty..... unscrew the top and dump the remaining onto the stains) I love you Mom

Mom - (crawls back in bed and put covers over my head) I can't watch this

John - Adam, what are you using on the carpet

Adam - This stuff but mom where's the other bottle that works better

John - How do you know how to do this???

Adam - Oh dad I've cleaned lots of beer out of this carpet when you guys are gone....

Mom - OMG

Adam then gets paper toweling and starts scrubbing the grease into the carpet.... OMG this is killing me but I'm not missing the Entertainer of the Year!!!

John - Hey Connie it looks like he really knows what he's doing

Connie - Yeah my man Kenny won the Entertainer of the Year!

Okay so Adam is finally done scrubbing the million footsteps of grease or mud into the carpet and goes downstairs to put his stuff away. John and I finish watching the CMA's and I'm not looking at what mess he made until the morning. Adam comes back upstairs chatting about where he was and how he possibly got the grease on his shoes and how come he didn't take them off at the door and why he knows how to scrub carpet.... he goes to his room and yells. "Don't get up I'll shut the light off"

John - OMG he drives me crazy

Connie - giggle, giggle, giggle (he is so freaking funny how can I be mad at him?)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Well I don't know Wally, but I still love your stories about Adam!!

Lynn said...

I could hear this conversation like I was right there watching it all go down! The kid cracks me up! And it makes me laugh even harder because it drives Dad crazy!