Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Suppers burning!!!

So tonight I'm making pork chops for supper, I look on Lynn's recipe blog for the pork chop marinade and I see she posted a new recipe. I start to make supper but can't wait to see what she posted so I have the potatoes frying and the pork chops are just starting... I sneak off to look at the blog and of course I have to comment since she posted the best ham I ever tasted. I have trouble with the comment so I am a little longer than expected. I glance in the kitchen and smoke is rolling off the stove... oh crap I say and then then I hear sirens, yes firetrucks are coming..... oh come on it's not that bad John likes his food burnt. Honest he really does like his food burnt black so he's excited about tonight's supper. Burnt fried potatoes and pork chops with the brown sugar burnt to a black caramel mess. What do the fire trucks want??? They pull in the driveway running like crazy rolling out their hoses and water is flooding my stove as I stand there in shock.... just kidding, they went right on by but I wonder if they could see our smokey filled house through the windows as they drove to the real fire. The supper was still very good and I could only show you the pork chops since the potatoes looked like charcoal and John ate them and loved it. I really am a good cook, just not when a computer is distracting me


No comments: