Sunday, November 2, 2008

Flu Bug

So this morning about 3:30am I woke up with the flu. I have not had the flu in years as a matter of fact I can't remember the last time I've ever had the flu. Well I got it good today, everything you can get with the flu I have. Finally at this point in the day I think I'm going to live but I had my doubts about 6:30 this morning as I lay on the bathroom floor because the room went black but I had to get up or I would be cleaning my floor later.... I'm sorry John for you having to help me... you were great and you must love me for better and for worse, in sickness and in health.
I love you.

So with the flu there's no visiting my new grandson and we had to call Kyle to come pick up Elly before she got sick (she had her flu shot so hopefully that helps her). This is totally not fair, mom's are suppose to be there for their children when the have babies, they're suppose to help them, give then advice, spend all day at the hospital. I have never had time for sickness and I don't take it very well. I've worked at my current job for almost 25 years and I called in sick one day (when I had my appendix taken out). I don't have time for this!!

I asked John to go visit Shannon and check how everyone was doing. He came home with an update.... Garrett is the best little boy ever, he is so content, he barely cries, he slept most of the night and Shannon is doing wonderful. Shawna believes the WaterBirth has something to do with Garrett being so good. Since Shawna has had 3 boys herself and was there for Elly she said this birth was very different. It was less traumatic on the baby, lets hope this continues. And he said Elly sure loves her baby brother, she can't get enough of him and she is sooooo happy he is a boy. I'm not sure why she wanted a brother, but it could have something to do with her uncle Adam, he was there for her first 4 years of her life more like a brother and still continues to be more brother than uncle. The love they share is unbelievable, this may be why Elly wanted a brother. This photo is from yesterday as Adam was trying to nap after work and Elly wanted to play. Most teenage boys would have gotten upset with a pesty little girl that wouldn't quit... not Adam he tried to sleep right through it.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I can't help but laugh at that picture... because Adam did that to me when he was little!!! Bug me and bug me until I snapped and yelled and 3 seconds later I was giggling because I am so not a yeller! But I would try and yell first and then he would just look at me and I would burst out into laughter!

I sure hope you are feeling better real soon!!!