Monday, November 10, 2008

Ceiling Fan Surprise

Tonight I came home to a surprise. John hung my entry light and also my new ceiling fan. I love them both. The old ceiling fan was put in before I had Adam and I think it still had all the original dust on it... just kidding. The improvements are getting there, now if we can just get through hunting season we'll start with the walls.

You never know what I'll paint during hunting season..... Let me tell you a story of one hunting season when I painted the dining room table and chairs. So I told John I was going to paint the table and chairs, he told me "no your not"!! So I waited until hunting season, he always goes to the shack until about Wed or Thursday so I'd have plenty of time to paint and get everything back in the house before he comes home. Well I hauled all 6 chairs and the table to the garage all by myself and started to prep them. Little did I know this was going to be so much work. I had to sand all surfaces due to the high gloss finish, then primer coat, then 1 coat of dark tan and one coat of cream. Then you might think I'm done... nope I took the sander and sanded so it looked a hundred years old. My goal was a old farm house table that was used for 4 or 5 generations of rough kids. Then I had to put 3 coat of poly to keep the paint from coming off and have a washable surface. All this time I couldn't look guilty so I did my normal visits to the shack. During my visit Sunday evening Adam says to me something about them coming home tonight..... WHAT??? WHY???? I can't remember why but I remember flying home to clean up the garage where John parked and hopefully hide the half done table and chairs.... like he's not gonna notice our table being missing!! John hated the painted table and chairs and still does, he usually grows to like my hair brain ideas but this project he never did. I have had so many compliments on this table and could probably sell it for twice as much as we bought it for, he says "sell it"!!
It's a good thing he really likes me around or I might have had to find a new home for myself and my painted table.

No comments: