Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sun up to Sun down and UFO siting

Today I went to Alabama so it was an early morning alarm for me (John was already at work so not so early for him). After my shower and getting dressed I had to stop to take pictures of the sunrise. Why can't I be a morning person? It was so quiet and peaceful as I stood outside taking this picture and the fresh morning air filled my lungs. I love sunrises but I don't get to see very many of them in the summertime, I'm still sleeping.




The company jet flew me to Alabama in the early morning and back again in the late afternoon, I love the trips I can make without airport security and lay overs. The weather there was nice and hot, just the way I like it.

So tonight I got the sunset, which is prettier? Sunrise but why can't I get my hinder out of bed in the morning to enjoy it?

So last night we sat outside enjoying our fire in the pit when the neighbor called and asked us to look to the east.... there was a black ring in the sky! It's a UFO, it's a smoke ring, it's a ring of bugs.... what is it?? So I tried to get a picture of it.... too far away, I wanted to get in the truck and drive until we could see it better.... "K" stopped to say she has been following it for 45 minutes so we aren't going to catch it.... So tonight here's a picture from "K's" e-mail to say it was bugs... the news tonight said it was a smoke ring from someones fireworks.... who knows what it was but we'll go with a UFO it sounds so much more fun and freakier!







1 comment:

Natalie said...

Your sunset picture is beautiful, but WOW, that sunrise is amazing! I hardly ever see sunrises!! I am so not a morning person. How cool that you got to take the company jet and not have to deal with airports :) Oh and that UFO is so crazy! If that was bugs it sure was a LOT of bugs!