Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Nails

One thing my mother is remembered for is her fingernails being painted everyday and I'm not talking like what mine looked like on Monday.... still pink from Amber's wedding with the tips worn off and the bottoms by the cuticles half picked off from any spare moment I had. It didn't matter when you seen mom, her nails were painted without flaws, the only one of us that follows in those footsteps is my sister DiAnn. So the other day I needed a clear polish since I'm terrible with leaving it on way to long.... when it's clear it's not quite so noticeable..... I found this French Tip Kit at 70% off so I decided..... if I can't do it I'll still have the opal polish for cheap. Well I tried it and I love them and they even look good. It's a lot of piddly stuff but they were totally worth it, now we'll see if I let them wear off and start over again. Now here's the picture that I thought turned out the best showing my French Tip Polish.

I'm sure your all glad I didn't let John take the picture he wanted.... He thinks anything with a name like French Tip should be paired up with...... a black.... Men!!

Tonight John's Mom called

Me - Hello

Fran - Hello Connie

Me - Yes

Fran - This is Connie isn't it?

Me - Yes, it's Connie

Fran - What'cha doing? You busy?

Me - Not at the moment

Fran - Can you come visit me?

Me - Where?

Fran - At my house

Me - Why?

Fran - My TV won't work and I can't watch my soap opera's

Me - I'll be right there

Why and How is it that I became the professional TV, Soap Getter, DVD, VCR, Cable, Electrical, Timer Setter, Anything related to the TV not working person? Well we stop what we're doing, run over to their house meeting the cable guy in his little bucket up on a pole.... I fiddle with the TV and DVD player, it seems to be working but there's no pictures.... hummmm John says, it's the cable why do you think he's up on the pole? Grandpa wanted us to drive back down to the guy on the pole and ask what he's doing? WHAT?? Why don't you knock on your neighbors door and ask if he has cable? Ohhhhh good idea. He doesn't have cable either... Well we did it once again... solved the TV oh my gosh I'm gonna miss my soap opera problem. They are so funny, John doesn't think so, he just wants to go back home and get the black.......!! STOP Just wait honey until the only thing we have to do while old and sitting around the house is calling the kids back home to fix the TV so we don't miss our programs.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Grandma cracks me up! When ever we would go spend the night this is what we would watch... Wheel of Fortune, Young and the Restless, and that other soap they watch. And I tell you what 9 times of 10 they both would fall asleep. How do they even know what is going on?!

All that Wheel of Fortune must of rubbed off on Shan... I called her the other night and there she was watching Wheel of Fortune! I had to laugh at her... I mean with her!

The nails look great, btw!

The Rau's said...

Pretty nails....I love french manicures, you should do your toes too.
I know how you feel being the tv fix it person....I'm that person on my mom's side, but it's computer, e-mail, cell phone and i-pod fixer. When they say, "hi shawna, i love you" i know they're gonna ask me to try to fix something.