Tuesday, July 1, 2008

All day to do anything

I have vacation this week, the intent of my vacation was to stain and varnish the windows. Well that's not happening... John and I could not find the time to get to Menards to buy trim so I could get the stain (she wants to mix the stain and try it on our trim boards before we use it). So Monday John brings home scrap trim boards which will work fine (why didn't he think of this sooner?). Okay so today I run up town with the trim and samples of what color stain we want. The wood color we chose they don't have on hand.... they'll have to order it and it won't be here till Thursday afternoon. She'll have to mix and get our approval before 5:00 since she is leaving for vacation and the store will be closed for the next 6 days. Hummmm my vacation just became all about ME. Well let me tell you I have gotten so much stuff done and have a list a mile long to get done. The weather has been perfect for walks in the morning, digging, transplanting, weeding, cleaning and washing everything that isn't stapled down. Ya' gotta love vacations at home getting lots of work done, don't get me wrong I'd rather be bumming, swimming, shopping, drinking umbrella drinks on the beach.....

No comments: