Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July

Today we have Ed and Jeannie's annual 4th of July party. For the past 4 years Jeannie has tried to set up the food outside by the big tree and it rains..... this year the food was set up by the tree, red paper lanterns hanging above with blue star ribbons streaming down blowing slightly from the warm breeze. The table were set up around the tree's trunk with white tablecloths decorated with blue star ribbons, flag plates, red white and blue jars to hold the silverware, and lots and lots of yummy food. Ed deep fried 2 turkeys, a few turkey nuts (yuck) and ice cream. The kids slowly got there dressed in red, white or blue running from person to person in excitement from the picnic, begging to go swimming in the pool. A game of bean bag and baseball with all willing participants..... well is that a good picture in your head? Good because I forgot my camera!! Yes I forgot my camera with all those perfect picture moments so the POTD is in spirit of the 4th of July but I really took it 2 years ago when I went to New York City with Starla, Gayle and Kristi. It's two of my favorite photos merged together.

Happy 4th

No comments: