Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Flower Bed Rearranging

When I clean the house I rearrange the furniture all the time. It feels cleaner to me when I move the furniture and the change after it's done is well worth the time. Well outside it's no different... I rearrange my flowerbeds and plants at least one of them a summer. Today it was a bed by the back garage door. I didn't take a before picture (darn it) so I'll try to explain what it started out as. The bed was a large round area surrounded by rocks with a modge-podge of flowers. The bed is mostly shade due to the large pine tree. I started to dig this up Tuesday afternoon, removing all the plants that were there tossing the ones I wanted to put back in on the side and trying to find a new home for the others or throwing them in the garbage. Removed all the rocks and fluffing up the soil. I stopped due to a visit from my sister and other distractions through-out the night. This morning I started bright and early re-designing the bed. (Yes Starla the plants laid on the ground all night). She can't believe I'm so rough with my plants and they still live, it's toughen up in this yard or your done, and laying on the ground with your roots exposed all night is pretty darn tough. :) Here is the rearranged flower bed, it looks so much better to me now but every muscle in my body aches, gardening is really hard work.

I decided to put all the different varieties of Heuchera "Coral Bells" that I currently have in here. The line the front of the back bed and the sides of the center bed. I have 9 different varieties. Let's see if I can name them all "Firefly", "Dale's Strain", "Champagne Bubbles", "Ring of Fire", "Palace Purple", "Birthday Cake", "Foamy Bells", and 2 more that I threw the tags away and didn't write down the names (dang it).

Here's another picture just to show you the amount of color I have right now by the patio. The tall pink flowers next to the patio are Coral Bells "Firefly" that are very well established.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Beautiful!! I LOVE all the colors :)