Saturday, July 26, 2008

Shack Project

So today the sun is shining, it's a beatuful warm day.....but the wind is whipping 100mph at our house on the prairie. I want to be outside, I'm never in the house when the sun is shining so what can we do?? Well John and I went to the shack to get the recyclables and he talked about coming back to do a little sprucing up outside, hummmmm I'll help there's no wind here. So here's our little project, clean up this corner.




Now John was going to stack the cinder blocks in one big pile back behind the wood pile so you couldn't see them but I begged him to give me an hour and let me do what I wanted and if he or the rest of the guys don't like it they can un-do it.


I planted hostas, coral bells, bleeding hearts, and lily of the valley. I totally forgot about the deer liking to eat plants since I never have to think about them at my house so we'll see how long the plants last before the deer find them. So far John likes it so we'll see if the others are okay with it this week.

We also took a walk in the woods, this fern is huge!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Love the makeover! It looks so good!!