Thursday, May 1, 2008

I couldn't believe this....

Today is my birthday, I had a very good day as far as birthday stuff goes. My day started with a note taped to the office door wishing me a happy birthday, another note on my desk with an ice cold bottle of Mt. Dew, about 50 e-mails wishing me a happy birthday, a beautiful pink flowered plant, a bowl of peanut M&M's and Dove chocolates, a dozen voice mails wishing me a happy birthday, cards sent through the mail, a present left on my windshield, flowers delivered, lunch and lots of laughter with my sisters and then just like the credit card commercial everything stopped the sweet music went haywire...... I cannot believe what I saw, I cannot believe that they are still around after 3 years, I cannot believe how terrible they look, I cannot believe someone actually looks at them and wonders.... "where can I put them this year", I can't believe how many people seen them before me, I just can't believe it. So who did this to me? My sister who was a few minutes late to lunch? my co-workers? my sister-in-law? my friends? my own father? worse yet my daughters? I don't know how did this but just in case your reading this.... now I have them and your not getting them back. (I know there are about 50 more out there but I have 2 of them).





I had to play with this picture in Photoshop to make them not look as bad as I see them or I would have never posted them. They still look bad, for real I really do not like this picture of me, and to top that off they look like floating heads in the lawn, how creepy is that?






Now in case you don't know the story about these floating heads here is the short version. 3 years ago my lovely husband asked me to out for supper (note: It's April 23rd) on a Friday night

John - Wanna go for supper at Pot Belly
Connie - Sure lets call Ed and Jeannie
John - (calls) they can't go they are going somewhere with their friends
Connie - Okay then do you still wanna go?
John - Can't we just go the two of us?
Connie - Really?? Okay I guess

John, Adam and I go to Pot Belly to eat a variety basket. There is no one we know there so we eat, drink and talk just the three of us. We finish eating...
John - I'm gonna have another beer
Connie - Why? there is no one here we know, we are talking amongst ourselves and we can do that at home, don't you have beer at home?
John - Okay (disappointment)

We leave the Pot Belly and John drive so slow to town, takes the wrong lane at the stop light so we have to drive around the block. We drive through town and he asked if I want to go see Starla and Brad, he has to ask Brad something.... sure but I do have stuff to do at home so we can't be long. Okay he says.

We get to Brad and Starla's and Brad is the only one home. I asked where Starla is and Brad tells me this story of how things at her work are so bad that they are in a meeting. John has a couple beers there and asks again if he can have another one? Since Starla is not there it's like I could be at home getting stuff done so no can we please just go home? Okay he says.

We leave and drive every gall dang country road home driving 45 mph.... then we stop for gas. Then we finally are on A and we drive by my sister DiAnn's house and my brother Randy is there and it's his birthday.
Connie - Let's stop and wish Randy a Happy Birthday
John - says nothing and drives into the bar parking lot across the street
Connie - WHAT are you DOING?
John - Stopping for a beer
Connie - $^*(^#@%%#$@@ I can't believe we can F&(*(&^% drive 10 mph on every back road there is between here and Medford and we can't F&**^%$ stop and wish my brother a happy birthday
John - Gets out of the truck and says nothing
Connie - gets out of the truck slams the door and continues to yell the same things as above
John - walks to the door
Adam - walks to the door
Connie - walks to the door (as John opens it and stands back) and I say AIN'T YOU GOT ANY F&*%&*& BEER AT HOME? as the door opens up and everyone is holding my face on a stick in-front of theirs and yells SURPRISE!!
Connie - Turns around and walks back towards the truck

These faces were the highlight of the party and I was so surprised and embarrassed since everyone seen me yelling at John and knew I was not happy. It was a very fun party but there were about 75 faces there and I still need to get back about 50 of them.

Have a happy May Day....

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Happy belated birthday!!! I love your stories...they make me laugh sooo hard!