Wednesday, May 14, 2008

50mm Lens

Such a nice evening we had. No wind!! We sat by the fire pit with a drink in our hand, why do we have to work in the morning?? This is one of my favorite things to do as a couple during the summer evenings.
I tried out my 50mm lens that I have had for over a year now. It's main purpose is for the depth of field. The focus is on the closest thing to the lens and then blurs the rest of the image making the focus object appear as them most important. I will give you two of my favorites. The 1st one is a lilac not even close to blooming yet. You can see the fuzz on the stems.

2nd picture is Mrs. Moon Lungwort. Pink and blue flowers with a spotted green leaf.

2 comments:

The Rau's said...

LOVE those pictures. you should sell you flower pictures to gardening magazines.....

Natalie said...

I love these pictures too! Flower pictures are the best :)