Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Shut the door!!

So we are finally putting the Christmas tree in the house and since the tree is out in the other garage and John needed help but I was making cinnamon rolls (so my hands were all full of flour and dough) I opened the door and left it open while John went to the garage and got the tree and then he went to set it up with the door still open. That is the longest run-on sentence ever typed!! Try to say it out loud without taking a break.... it's hard. When people get my voicemail at work and the first thing they say is "Geeze Connie take a breath, you say that entire message in one breath and fast". I don't even realize it anymore, I have to update it everyday with the current date and what I'm doing for the day that I can do it without even thinking..... Anyway back to the real reason for this post.


While John and I are straightening the tree, dirty hands and all, I hear breathing behind me, I ignore it since it's just us in the house. All of a sudden I see something out of the corner of my eye. OMG this is what got in the house because we left the door open.


I used to read the kids a story "Shut the Door". This reminds me of that story, I'll have to go dig that out and read it to Elly.
It's got its chin leaning on my chair like it's going to stay awhile. We didn't quite know what to do or how to get him out of the house but thank goodness John is a hunter and has had experience with wrestling a deer with nothing other than his bare hands (that's a long and funny hunting story). Here's John after a long fight, he wasn't about to let this one get away.

After it was all over and we were both safe I realized.... it must have been Rudolph lost a few days early so I let him stay until Elly and Garrett get a chance to see him.

Hummm in case your not sure this is all no true ;) This is John 9 pointer that he got last year during rifle season and it's finally back from the taxidermist. He's like a kid with a new toy or a new mom and her baby... lots of phone calls are made to say he's here, people come over to see him, we have to take him with in the truck wherever we go... Seriously he is a nice deer as long as his permanent home is at the hunting shack!!

2 comments:

The Rau's said...

that was funny. too bad the boys are sleeping right now, I wanted to just show them the pictures and read part of the story. i'll have to show them tomorrow morning before school..imagine the stories they'll tell their friends :)

p.s. john, mike says "nice buck" he wishes he would just see one during hunting season :)

Lynn said...

At first when I read your title all I hear is Dad's voice telling us to "SHUT THE DOOR". Then I keep reading and it really looked like a live deer in your house and I'm now talking out loud to myself going "Are you serious!?!" And thinking well this deer must know his way around because I'm sure Dad came in threw the garage so the deer would have to come in threw garage door and find his way into the house and walk past you in the kitchen... how the heck?! Too funny!! That is a huge deer!!