Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Layers

Fall/Winter weather is all about dressing in layers. I am a cold person in the summer time and in the winter it's 24/7 shivering. I can't wait for hot flashes, just to shake the ice from my chilly bones!! This last weekend I bought a new fun scarf that will match just about everything, I added it to my many other scarfs that I had to have.

As we were shopping there were so many girls with scarfs on and they were all tied in a fun big knot. You may already know how to tie this big fun knot but I didn't. We're in the store that I am going to buy this scarf at and I am staring at these girls and trying to tie my big fun knot with no luck. Starla says "what are you doing". I told her and she says "oh that's easy".... she tries to tie it on my neck, on her neck and on Gayle's neck but no such luck.... Now Gayle says "You guys this is sooooo easy" hummmmmm I give her the scarf and she walks right over to a girl wearing one and ask her how she does it, comes back over by us and ties it on my neck. Smart ass sister!! But I don't care now I know how and if she wouldn't of asked I think I'd still be trying to figure it out.

Dress in layers.... it's warm and it's in style!! Us girls are all about style, right?

For those of you that don't know how to tie a fun big knot - below and the instructions, if you already knew please don't tell me.

The most sought-after knot is also one of the most universal. Here’s how to tie a scarf in a Parisian knot: Take the scarf in both hands and fold it over lengthwise; drape it around your neck; insert the loose ends through the loop hanging in front of you and pull them through. Now go buy yourself a scarf or two or three or four.... and have fun with them.

1 comment:

The Rau's said...

Kris and I stood by the scarfs in Target a few weeks ago and were trying to figure out how to tie the same knot. Once we figured it out we felt a little silly because it was so easy. Love the scarf!