Saturday, December 20, 2008

Happy 28th First Date Anniversary to me....

Many of you know that I have been looking at buying a new camera for quite some time. I've looked it up online, read everything there is to read about it, cussed my ESO XTi out many times, wrote down all the pros and cons for replacement with all pointing to BUY IT, but I have what we call "buyers anxiety". During hunting season when we went shopping and I touched it for the first time, yep I held the 50D in my hands and fired away a few hundred shots of people in the store. I fell in love, with a camera that it. I couldn't get this camera out of my mind so I talked to John last weekend about it, thinking he would bring sense to my non-sense. Nope he says "go buy it today".... what???? husbands are suppose to talk sense into our heads about large purchases not encourage us. I stood my ground and didn't go buy it, he can't talk me into buying it I won't do it!! No matter how nice he is and how much he wants me to have it I won't do it, no sir-e, I'm not buying a new camera.

So today since I didn't go down South for my nephews wedding (bad weather) John and I decided to take back a few items to a couple of stores before the snow hits here. I thought that I could control myself in the store that I had to take an item back to but I just needed to touch it again, it was like calling my name....seriously I heard it. So I take another hundred photos and reviewed the previous photos that I had taken a month ago.... they seriously were still on there. The sales guys says "can I help you with something?", I ask a few questions about the camera, he brags it up, of course. I look at John and say "what do you think?".... "buy it or you have to shut up about it". What???? that is what I told him when he considered buying or not buying the Jeep, he can't use that crap on me, I won't let that threat make me do something I don't want to do! So I bought it!!!!! Seriously I don't think I could have shut up about it. The sales guy gets the camera out of the locked cabinet and carries it with him. Then the sales guy tries to talk me into a camera bag, extra battery and lens filter all of which I already have but I go to look to see what they have, but the sales guy leaves my camera sitting on the counter... I stood there like a pointer dog just pointing my nose at the box "Ummmm sir you can go get them I'll just stand here and watch the box"... he grabs the box and walks over to the bags and since my BUYERS ANXIETY is in full force I knock over 2 stacks of camera bags, yep not just one but 2 stacks.... I can't think.... the sales guy is talking and trying to sell me things and I can't focus or comprehend what he is saying. I tell the guy... "the camera is all I can handle today". For some reason he stops his sales pitching... I must have been white as a ghost. The Canon 50D is mine with a image stabilizing (28-135) lens. I walk out of the store with very, very weak knees but my heart is so freaking happy I can hardly breath.

Here is MY new camera, I still can't believe it!!

It is our 28th Anniversary to our first date, that's an okay reason for a present, right? Here is the first picture with the new dream machine. It was just faintly snowing but you sure can see it with the 15.1mega pixels.

Now here's the test One of these pictures is taken with the new camera and the other with the old camera, same settings, same distance, and no photo shopping on either one. Can you guess which one is which?

I am very, very happy with my purchase, I think I might of even wet my pants (just kidding) but why do I feel so guilty? My old camera has taken 16,755, pictures for the last 4 years. it still is a very good camera. My film SLR was about 4 years before that one with hundreds of rolls of film ran through it and the 35mm before that.

2 comments:

The Rau's said...

OMG!! DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT let me see your new camera. Okay, maybe let me gaze at it while you hold it, but don't let me touch it. I still LOVE my 30D, and I dont' want her to be jealous if my hands touched the big bad 50D. After you use it for awhile I bet you'll get over your guilt:)
Hey, and if you need a new camera bag check out the Jille bags....I'm dreaming of buying one of those puppies! The pink one!!!

Oh my guess is the 1st picture is with the new camera...am I right?

Anonymous said...

LOL - I almost pea my pants reading your story cant imagine you in that store- oh wait yes I can!!! And I am like you I would never buy a big ticket item without asking K either. But I am glad that "you" gave in and got it - you deserve it!!!

L