Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Lights

Tonight we planned a date with Elly to take her to the Christmas light in a nearby town. They have transformed the zoo into a brilliant light show that is so worth the drive there. El hasn't ever been there so she was so excited to go. I picked her up from school and then we had to wait for it to get dark, that was the longest wait ever, then we had to wait for Adam to get off work since he wanted to join us, I think he came along for the steak supper at Applebees!! The zoo can either be a walk through or drive around, since it was bitter cold we decided to drive around first. El wanted to walk in the worst way, Grandpa and Adam told her no it was too cold. Me of course can't ever tell her no so I said when we get done driving around I'll walk through with you. She was so excited that Grandma and her were gonna walk on the lit paths. The drive only took like 7 minutes and when we drove back to the front so El and I could walk she says "Grandma, I'm tired do we HAVE to walk around?" It's amazing how she can be so excited one minute and sleeping within seconds. I told her no if she didn't want to we didn't have to. She said "good, I'm just gonna close my eyes for a minute" that was it she was out like a light. School just wears her out. We all enjoyed the lights and tried to guess the amount of extension cords they had to use. I took a couple pictures but without being able to stop the truck, due to cars behind us, this is what I got. Of course I photoshopped it into something I kinda really like.

1 comment:

The Rau's said...

I'm glad you finally went to see it.Isn't it amazing?! Did you tune your radio to their station so you could watch the lights and listen to the music? We are going again this year on Christmas.