Sunday, December 7, 2008

Editing and Learning

I'm up to my eyeballs in photos of the Nutcracker but for me that's just not enough, I have to learn new Photoshopping skills to what I think some of them should look.
Since the Nutcracker is a very old play some of the photos would look cool in a vintage look, don't you think? So here's my take on Vintage Nutcracker. Colors are muted and photo looks old.....


Since I had to have my ISO so high because the only light were the stage lights and the movement was so fast I have some noise in the photos. Using the vintage look makes this noise look like I put it there on purpose. When I first started taking pictures I was using my external flash and the AV guy asked me if my colors were as bright with the flash vs. without a flash. I said I didn't think I could get my shutter speed that fast to not use a flash. He was satisfied but I wasn't, I kept experimenting until I took most of the photos without a flash.... yeah I did it, and he's right the colors were more vibrant without flash.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh I like the vintage look!! Especially on that first one!!

Goot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Goot said...

This is a beautiful photo of my daughter, thanks!