Saturday, April 5, 2008

Prom Night

Here's Adam with his prom date, "S". He got into his tux at 1:30 in the afternoon and has been running from house to house per many request to see him in his monkey suit. They finally had time to stop by here after 4:30. They were with another couple and the 4 of them were having a great time, they were enjoying the entire Prom process from the dressing up, the nails done, the pictures taken, the dinner reservations they are running late for, and after 8 hours of preparations they finally get to the dance.
John and I didn't go to Prom but now all of our kids have. Adam wasn't going to go but I think he's glad that he did after all it is his Junior Prom. After 2 girls and their 3 Proms, boys are much easier but I think the nervousness in them was about the same and my empty feeling of them growing up into young responsible adults sat heavy inside me the same for each of them.
It may be harder for me with the last one growing up but I think I will adjust to Adam spending more time with the girlfriend than us but I'm not so sure his Dad will. Adam has been in his truck just like a puppy dog for 17 years, Dad would pick up the keys and Adam would run to the truck so he wouldn't get left behind. The only place Dad got to go alone was to work. Here's our little boy all grown up

(Looking like his Uncle Wally) WOW is he an Emmerich!

1 comment:

The Rau's said...

Adam your hair looks good...even if you didn't want my help getting ready for prom!!! Hope you had fun.