Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Packing again

Here we are packing again for another trip, this time the packing consist of rain coat, umbrellas and sweatshirts. Our son-in-law Jesse is graduating this weekend in Oregon. It's the rainy season there right now and when I say rainy I mean rainy all day, every day for months (Oct thru May). The moss that grows on the trees gets so thick it just hangs down and looks like a spooky swamp above you. Adam wants to go ride the dune buggies on the beach this trip, visit the "Little People Big World Farm", John wants to visit the "AxeMan Loggers", eat at Nacho Mamma's, and I want to take a hike to the top of Multnomah Falls which I have done already last year with my sister but it was so beautiful I'd love for John and Adam so see it. We don't have much time out there so we'll see what we visit. We are so proud of Jesse and wouldn't miss this for anything. I just hope the visit back doesn't make them miss it so they move back there
: (
Photo of the partly cloudy/cloudy/rainy weather clothes

And just for a bonus here's the mossy trees from last year during my visit in April, there are no leaves on this trees yet, that is all moss that hangs there all year long. The falls in the background.

And a Multnomah Falls photo from the bottom. The hike to the top is 1 1/2 miles straight up curving around and around. The top is a raging angry river surrounded by lush green trees and plants.

See you in a few days.

2 comments:

The Rau's said...

if you go to the roloff farm my boys are going to be so jealous and if john gets to see the axeman, mike is going to be so jealous. this is what they want to do for summer vacation. i guess i never realized how much there is to do in oregon. have fun! and way to go jesse!

Anonymous said...

Ok is it just me or can you see a face in the mountain next to the waterfall?? have a safe trip, hope to do lunch next week when you get back and tell Jesse- congrats!!!!

L