Thursday, April 17, 2008

Graveyard Shift

They call 3rd shift the graveyard shift.... boy do I know why. I actually am doing very well while I am working, not tired and the night flies by but then it's the sleeping part that is suppose to happen during the day, yeah well that does not work so well. The first day I got 6 hours and today I got about 5 1/2. The sleep that you get is interrupted sleep it's not all at the same time, about 4 hours then you get up and then 4 hours later you lay down and catch as much as you can before you go to work again. It feels like all you do is sleep and work and your waking hours are during the pitch black of night, kinda like a graveyard.

I wanted a picture of a graveyard in the dark but I'm too chicken to go there at night so Elly and I stopped today, she did okay there, lots of questions but she was fine. Here is my graveyard photo to represent my week. Just imagine it being dark and only the glisten of the moonlight hitting the tops of the stones....


And of course since I was there I had to stop and visit Mom. Elly never got to meet her so she asked a lot of questions about who she was. She doesn't really understand that she cannot see my mommy. "Then why can I see Grandpa Earl?", "Isn't Grandpa Earl your dad?", "Who is Grandma Joanne if she's not your mother?", "Why is she married to Grandpa", "What color was her hair", "Does she live here all the time?", "Is her heart in the sky", "Has she ever seen me", "I love Grandma Lea".... A small child's questions and understanding of death is a wonderful feeling for me, why I don't know. I guess it's the sad questions then they turn into silly questions and then they end with the I'm okay with this questions. So here's a bonus photo for today since I missed yesterday.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Where's the picture of the kleenex box?!?! I am over here with tears running down my face.

What a special little Elly we have!