Monday, December 14, 2009

20 minute assignment

I gave my students a 20 minute assignment and I thought it wasn't fair unless I did it as well so Sunday I decided to take the time to finish "the homework" so I could at least say that Yes I did it. The assignment is to take and object, and take pictures of the object for 20 minutes. Changing to all the different settings that we have learned so far and being as creative as you can. So secretly I decide that I won't do the 20 minutes, I'd have this done in 5..... well after 25 minutes I'm still taking pictures of my freshly filled wine rack.

Had my Internet been working for the last 3 days you would have seen this before class but since it hasn't been I can tell you that quite a few of the girls did the project and came up with some awesome photos of just "objects". Everyone who did the homework and brought in a sample for all of us to see went into a random drawing to win...... a bottle of wine.
Check Spelling
Here is my most creative shot out of about 50. Go ahead and give it a try you'll be amazed with what you can do with an object. I love how the ornaments lying on the table are spots of colors and the ones in the glass are clear. That's my new lens baby!! :) It you look really close in the ornaments that me standing on my tip toes on a chair, elbows out.... oh and my legs are in the wine bottle, on second thought maybe you shouldn't look that close.

No comments: