Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wall is down

Okay so those of you that have been to our house since this picture

know that we've been looking through 2x4's. Monday the 2x4's came down and it looks very different. Now let me point out what will happen within the next couple of weeks.... I mean months... I mean year!! The walls will be drywalled, the post will be trimmed out with chunky trim boards making them look like old tuscan Italian posts, the other side of the doorway will be a half post with the same chunky trim and the far wall over by the ugly lamp will also be a half post with chunky trim. Those ugly board will come off the vaulted ceiling, the window will be stained, patched and trimmed out. The walls will get painted a fabulous tan and deep red, the accent ceiling walls will be painted a dark mustard yellow that will continue up through the open staircase. I want a black dining room table and new living room furniture and I might even get to put stuff back up on my walls. Can you see it? For those of you that can't vision that type of color scheme just wait you will love it. I did lots of magazine scanning, color selecting, having the paint girl come over to make sure I'm not crazy, it will be warm and inviting and I can't wait until it's done.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is going to be gorgeous!!

Lynn said...

Wow! I think your house just got bigger! Look at all that space! I can't wait to see it finished!!