Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cool Foggy Morning

So here in the north it's what the guys call "T-zone" so they can pack their stuff and head to the shack for a weekend of hunting does. It's like pre-hunting season for them and it's the time they will all get a glimpse of the "BIG ONE" and they can't shoot him. So what do I do..... anything I want!! I started the day at 6:45am, why couldn't I sleep in?? Any way the morning was too pretty to miss so I'm glad that I woke up early. The fog was hanging low as the sun came up, the cool air froze the dew drops on the trees until about 10am when the sun finally burned through the fog. As I am walking around shooting about 60 pictures I am wet from all the dew melting off the trees. But I got some fabulous pictures.... more than I can say for my boys at the shack!!





Here is the dew on my favorite bushes with the neighbors barn in the foggy distance.







I couldn't resist showing you this one too. I thought since I got the barn in the foggy distance that maybe our house would look cool also, but no such luck. By the time I searched and searched until I finally got something in the foreground and the house in the background the fog was gone and sun was shining through, but what a fabulous photo. I love the way the berries on the tree match the door and windows. The house looks a little plain since the flowers are all cleaned up for the winter, it makes for a clean fall look.

Then I painted my kitchen ceiling.... why does a person have to re-paint the ceilings? My paint girl recommended that I re-paint all the ceilings in my house including the kitchen where I don't plan on painting. I guess she's the expert so I did that project today. After 5 million trips up and down the ladder the ceiling is done... then my ADHD kicked in and I cleaned above all the cabinets and washed all the Fiesta wear dishes, glass wear and picture frames. Cleaned the stove and cleaned the floors. Then I went to town and bought new rugs, towels and pot holders. Plus baked blueberry muffins and made pretzel dip. Then I put together all the centerpieces for Shan's shower tomorrow and packed up the truck with all the stuff I have to take. My kitchen ceiling does look very, very nice.... I guess she does know what she's talking about!

2 comments:

Connie said...

I am so bad... I noticed after I downloaded my house picture the house was headed slightly downhill to the left so of couse no-one will notice so I leave it..... Yeah right!! I couldn't sleep tonight knowing that I didn't fix it even after I noticed it. I really do have ADHD and Perfectionism issues.... I need to work on them!! Good night

Connie

Natalie said...

Well I hope you were able to sleep after fixing the problem that no one would have ever noticed :) Both of your pictures are amazing, as always! And WOW did you get a lot done! I wish I got half that much accomplished in a day!