Sunday, October 5, 2008

Old Picture

John's mom (Fran) has a very, very old picture that she has kept in her dresser drawer. She has pulled out the picture many times to show me how much the little girl looks like Shannon. The little girls name is Eleanor and she is held by her mother Kitty (John's Grandmother). This is the only picture there is of the little girl because shortly after it was taken she choked on either a jelly bean or peanut, Fran can't remember anymore what it was and the little girl died. This would have been Fran's older sister. Well during Gilbert and Fran's move last week she pulled the picture out of the drawer once again and asked if I could fix it..... WOW it was pretty bad and I didn't think I could, Fran handed it to me with tears in her eyes and told me I had to throw it away because she couldn't. I put it in my truck so she wouldn't have to see it in her garbage, well I couldn't throw it away either so I started to piece it together as best I could and took a picture of it. I think I can continue to work on it and get it to be just like new to print her another one and maybe even a copy for Shannon. Isn't it funny how Shannon named her little girl Ellyn and she looks pretty similar to Eleanor. Freaky huh?

No comments: