Friday, March 21, 2008

What's your name?

Ask Elly her name and she will tell you Elly Mae Hemmer Clampit Laska. Her grandpa A has been calling her this since she was a baby. Now Elly thinks that is her name. One day I was bringing her home from daycare and I asked her what her name is and she says "Miss Amanda tells me I only have one name and it is Ellyn Hemmer..., no it's Ellyn Hem...., no it's Ellyn.... Grawma wants my name?" Today I talked with her on the phone and I asked who I was talking to and she said Ellyn, I said Ellyn who? She said Ellyn Mae Hemmer Clampit Laska. I'm not sure how long it's gonna take for her to know what her real name is but for right now it's really cute for us to hear her say it. I'm sure her teacher, Miss Amanda, doesn't think it's real cute trying to get a 4 year old to spell that big ole' name. Here is a picture of my little Elly Mae Hemmer Clampit Laska wearing Tia's boots.

And here's another picture just because I can.
Look at those catchlights (reflections in her eyes).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is she not just the cutest little girl ever? I love reading your stories...

L

Natalie said...

I love this story! Lynn told us this story about Elly and her name when she was here in February and I thought it was so funny!!! I sometimes worry about Allie having 2 middle names and that being hard or confusing for her but Elly obviously has no problem with a long name :)