Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spring Ahead

Today we lost an hour in our weekend. We also lost the daylight in the morning when I'm getting up for work, we also lost the darkness of the whole evening. What this means is we are getting closer to spring, it's just around the corner. The daylight in the morning will be back, all clocks have been changed, and everyone has sprung ahead without missing a beat.
Last fall I brought in 8 plants from the outside with attempts to keep them alive all winter so I could have them again this summer on my patio.... This one is doing okay, the fern is only living on 1 side of the pot and it loses it's leaves everyday making a mess on the floor, the gerbera daisy is living.... bearly..... and 1 really green leafy plant that is doing fantastic.... everything else is gone. I'm just not a houseplant person, all the flowers and plants of the summer are my passion but in the house it's a different story. This guy's leaves all fold up at night and it looks really sickly but during the day it's very pretty. Hopefully my efforts will pay off this summer.

No comments: