Friday, March 28, 2008

It's been along time....

since I had to take off of work for a sick child. Adam had his wisdom teeth removed yesterday morning and as of right now he is doing very well and my watch time is up, I'm free again!! He has not taken any pain medicine except for Ibuprofen (I think he wants to go somewhere tonight so he's being tough so we'll let him drive).
Adam has his uncle Wally's sense of humor and he cracks me up so often (it drives his Dad crazy). We drive to the clinic yesterday morning and he sleeps most of the way there, we pull into the parking spot and he wakes up to say "you two have fun, I'll be right here when you get back" next the nurse is hooking up the heart monitor stickers to his chest and she can't believe how skinny he is, it's just skin covering his bones (like another nurse said, he has 5% body fat distributed through his entire body), any way the nurse looked at me and said "don't you feed him"... before I could say anything Adam say "no, can you talk to her about that"!! I had to get bigger cereal bowls just for him or figure out how to put sides on the bowls I had..... don't worry I feed him, this kid can eat!
John and I went back to recovery and he looked so sad and doopy. He doesn't remember any of the conversations we had or the bunny ears they had him wearing. He slept most of the way home (and didn't try to jump out of the truck like Shan). We get home and as he's standing in the livingroom turns to say his first words and blood pours out of his mouth onto his clothes, my clothes and the livingroom rug..... Yuck! He faints at the site of blood so we rushed him to sit down and we changed gauze about 4 more times and he finally quit bleeding. The worst is behind us.
Here is my little bunny boy... not very often do I get to see him in one place for so long anymore, I will enjoy it while it lasts.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

hahahhahahahhhahaha!! I never had to wear that on my head! hahahahahaha!!! : )