Friday, October 29, 2010

John's Big Buck

John went hunting tonight, 2nd time this bow hunting season.  He hasn't been seeing much on the deer camera so his hopes weren't very high.  He enjoys the time sitting in the tree watching nature so if he doesn't get a shot at anything he's still happy.  I usually go out to the cabin before dark to see what he's seen and listen to his stories..... over and over again (you know deer hunting stories).  Well I'm just about ready to pack up and head out as John drives in the yard.  He heads to the garage but turns to the house just before he goes in and puts both his hands on his head with a big ole' smile on his face.  In deer hunting sign language means "I shot at the big one". 

For the next 45 minutes he paces, and paces and paces..... calls everyone he knows who isn't busy on a Friday night to help him track (he took me once and I think I'm the last resort now).  So the guys head out and 30 minutes later Adam is calling "where are you with the camera".  Shan, the kids and I hop in the truck and find a bunch of smiling guys when we arrive at the cabin.  Grandpa John got himself one nice buck!!

Last years buck still isn't back from the taxidermy...... last years buck

And here is this years, a nice 10 pointer


No comments: