Saturday, May 16, 2009

Please take me

So I've been suffering from a sore throat, sleepiness, weak, wanna cuddle on the couch illness for the last couple of days. I've been suffering through work and my nightly walks just because I know I need to. I'm not one to let anything get me down and keep me down so this stinkin sore throat is not gonna either. Did I mention that I feel like my throat is raw from coughing and me scratching it with my tongue, I am a long-time sufferer from allergies and I can twist my tongue around and scratch the inside of my throat... sounds gross huh, kinda gaggy even.

Well Friday night this illness got the best of me, I held down the couch sleeping from about 5:00pm until John basically carried me to bed, then I slept until 8AM waking up to a still raw throat and a very squeaky voice. I was ready to stay in the house all day and do nothing but sleep, like I didn't get enough of that already!!

This plan worked real well for most of the day until I got that phone call from my sisters that were going on a greenhouse road trip but as soon as they heard my voice they said "oh your sick, you won't want to go". Hummmm your right I shouldn't go, I should stay here and take care of myself. I should get better so I don't get the swine flu or lose my voice totally. I should stay home and sleep to keep my energy up so I'm not sick again next week, I shouldn't go out in the cold and visit those greenhouses and shop for fun plants.... nope your right I shouldn't go.

Are you crazy, your not going without me. I will lay in the backseat and sleep between stops, I'll suck on cough drops the entire day, I'll wear a scarf with my winter coat, I can't stay on the couch all afternoon, there's nothing on Home and Garden Channel, I promise I won't be crabby, I promise I won't want to go home early, I really, really want to go, I'm not really that sick, heck I think my throat doesn't even hurt anymore, I'm not sure why I slept for 15 hours but I'm better now, my voice always sounds like this you just haven't talked to me in along time.....I'll be good really I will, please take me!!!

And they did, they love me and I love them!

No comments: