Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sunrise

It's not very often you will see a sunrise picture from me.... not a morning person! I couldn't help but notice the mornings are getting lighter earlier and I love that. This morning when I was opening up the curtains to let the light shine in all day while we are at work I noticed this beautiful site. I was late already and had a meeting first thing but I just had to stop and take the picture, it was calling me. I had to take it right through the window since the front door has about 3 feet of snow in front of it that I couldn't even get it opened. Speaking of snow, I am really ready for winter to be done, speaking of done it was -17 this morning and I of course go from the house to the truck without even stepping outside so I don't feel the morning cold until I get to work and walk across the parking lot. Well I got there this morning forgetting it was cold I hop out of my truck, remember I was in a hurry so for some reason I sucked in a huge breath of cold air and my lungs are now frozen, I start coughing because I can't get another breath in.... I think... breath through your nose... oh yeah....that didn't work very well.... I sucked in a big ole' inhale and my nostrils froze instantly; I pinch my nose because it hurt and they seriously froze shut (no more breathing through my nose). So now I think to myself... I'm gonna turn blue due to lack of air before I can make it to the door and of course I'm later than usual due to the picture taking session so no one else is walking in with me, can they see me out the windows to call for help?? I'm no dummy.... no comments please.... Anyway I stick my head in my jacket as close to my armpit as I can to warm up my frozen nostrils and lungs... it works I come busting through the door with snow flying off my shoes slipped on the floor almost fell on my butt. Now since I'm inside and my nostrils unfroze and popped back out, my lungs are no longer two ice chunks, I didn't fall on my butt and I'm not laying in the middle of the parking lot as a human snurd.... I think "I hope no one seen me ". I'm ready for winter to be done.
Enjoy my sunrise even if my story was a little exagerated.... wink, wink
SNURD - incase you are wondering is the stuff that builds up behind your car tires. My cousin Patty and I named these many, many years ago at Earl's one Jalopy Ride afternoon. They are "Snow Turds" but SNURDS sounded better. Patty if you are reading this your gonna laugh remembering that day, we had a blast... I miss you and the fun we had.

3 comments:

The Rau's said...

Thanks for the definition of a snurd, cuz that was going to be my question. Pretty picture.

Lynn said...

Great picture!

I didn't know you made up snurd. I thought everyone called them snurds... not just us. Too funny!

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous picture.. I love sunrise/sunset pictures... Only pollocks make up words like "snurds"

"L"