Monday, February 4, 2008

Light show

I got Elly a new night light for her room for Christmas.... guess what? I forgot to give it to her! I found it yesterday so I gave it to her tonight, she really liked it but could not understand why it kept switching colors. She sat in the dark computer room and watched it, this will be interesting when she has to go to sleep while it displays a light show on her wall. After she left I took my camera on the tripod and sat in the dark taking pictures of it. The shutter speed was so low and no flash that the camera sat there for at least 3 minutes with the shutter closed before it took the picture. They turned out really cool.



I couldn't just give you one since they are all so different. The next two I took the picture with the focus close and then turned it back while the shutter was shut, that is why you have the two different focus points of the lights (one close and one far).









Blogger is being weird tonight so I had to save these pictures at a smaller size so they would load up. Hope they look okay.

3 comments:

The Rau's said...

Those are cool.....I wouldn't be going to sleep with that in my room. I hope Shannon likes it LOL.

Lynn said...

Love the pictures! And I love how you find Christmas presents throughout the year that you forgot to give! Makes me giggle!

Anonymous said...

those photos are really - really cool- would be really cute in a frame for a kids room. And I would have to agree with the Rau's- I would not sleep either. And my mom also finds gifts though out the year too- I LOVE it when they are for me. You girls need to put your stuff in one spot- silly!!!
Keep up the cool work- now I really know I need more practice. "L"