Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ohhhh Ohhhh Ohhhh.....

Torture Tuesday is here again. I had a very stressful day at work today and thought all day long about the package of cookies I bought for Adam......
Adam get out of my way.... Adam stop taking my cookies, Adam leave them here, Adam I can have another one, Adam I didn't just buy them just for you, Adam I can eat them all I bought them, Adam you don't need anymore, Adam!!!!!!
I love this cookie, that is why I don't buy them. I even look guilty in the picture or trying to scare off Adam

Oh, Oh, Oh, ice cold milk and an Oreo Cookie.
They forever go together, what a classic combination.
When a dark, delicious cookie meets an icy cold sensation.
Like the one and only creamy, crunchy, chocolate,
O-R-E-O



While searching for the Oreo Jingle I found a recipie for Oreo Cookies so I thought I would share, I may have to try these this weekend..... darn another reason to buy Oreos.




Oreo Cookies
makes 18 medium sized cookies



5 T Earth Balance margarine


5 T granulated sugar

5 T light brown sugar

1 t vanilla

1 Ener-g egg replacer

1 cup AP flour [scooped up & leveled, not spooned]

1/2 t baking soda

pinch sea salt

1/2 t baking powder

1/4 t cream of tartar

5 oreo-style cookies cut in half, then cut in thirds

2 T semisweet chocolate chips


preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
beat margarine and sugars together until creamy. add “egg”, vanilla, beat until smooth.
in a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
add flour mix to margarine mix, combine well. Add oreo pieces and chocolate chips with your hands, being careful not to crush oreo pieces too much. Form into balls, 1 1/2 T worth of dough per cookie. don’t flatten your cookies. Place on baking sheet. bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges are brown. Let cool on sheet for a few minutes before attempting to remove. place on cooling rack.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

boy we must both be on the same wave length this week, baked double chocolate chunk cookies last night- and 2 or maybe 3 dozen later... But I did eat them while drinking skim milk- so that must count for somthing...LOL As for oreos' I darn not buy those I would eat the whold damn bag. And they have so many flavors now. But double stuff will always be my favorite.

L-

Lynn said...

I can totally hear you yelling at Adam to stay away from the cookies! The bad part about oreos is you can't stop!!!

Um, I'll be home this weekend... if you make those cookies I'll be your taste tester! ; )

Natalie said...

That cookie recipe sure sounds yummy! I'm hooked on Golden Oreos at the moment :)

I can't get over how much Lynn looks like you. I totally see her in this picture.